Made with roasted tomatoes, charred veggies and Marvetta!
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Pre-heat the oven at 450F. Season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and olive oil and roast tomatoes for 30 minutes.
2. In a really hot cast iron pan, char the onions, peppers (green and jalapeño) and garlic for about 2-4mins. You don’t want to cook them, just give it a nice smoky taste with the char.
3. When tomatoes are done roasting (and cooled down a bit), pulse them first in a food processor, then add Marvetta Mango Pepper Sauce and the remaining ingredients. Pulse until desired consistency.
4. Squeeze in the lime juice and season with additional salt and pepper.
- If you can, use good tomatoes that haven't been refrigerated prior.
- If you don't love cilantro like I do, you can swap it out for Parsley.
- I'd recommend waiting for the charred veggies to cool before adding to the food processor. To make the blending process easier, you can chop the veggies into smaller chunks.
- If you use just green peppers, I'd recommend using 1/2. If you are also using jalapeños, I'd use 1/4 of a green pepper.
- I listed garlic as optional because Marvetta Mango Pepper Sauce already contains a lot of garlic... I just love garlic too much to not add more. You can char or roast them (I prefer to roast the extra cloves).
- Suggestions for additional spices = oregano, cumin, garlic powder
- If you have a lower tolerance for spice, I would start with 2 tbsp before adding more. If your salsa is too spicy / salty, you can simply add more tomatoes.
- If you only have tomatoes, onions and bell peppers at home, you can make a simple salsa just by adding Marvetta Mango Pepper Sauce!
- Store in a reusable Marvetta jar and store it in the fridge.
Video soon come!