1. Blend ingredients until smooth, or pound using a mortar and pestle into a paste (we did the latter).
Store the rest in a reusable Marvetta jar, keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and enjoy :)
🌶 1/2 Onion (you can use the other half from the Green Seasoning)
🌶 1 Garlic, minced
🌶 2 Large Potatoes, diced into small pieces (we used Yukon Gold)
🌶 2 Cups of Chickpeas, cooked
🌶 2 Cups of Water or Broth (veggie to maintain the Vegan-ness if that's what you prefer; use more water for more sauce)
🌶 2-3 Scotch Bonnets (optional)
🌶 2 Tablespoons of Natural Oil (Canola, Grapeseed, Avocado)
🌶 2 Teaspoons of Cumin
🌶 2 Tablespoons of Green Seasoning
🌶 2 Generous Tablespoons of Curry Powder (we used Chief brand from the W.I. markets; my mom also would add some Masala, about 1 tbsp if you'd like to mix)
🌶 2-3 Cups of Water or Broth (veggie to maintain the Vegan-ness if that's what you prefer; use more water for more sauce)
🌶 1-2 Teaspoons of Marvetta Mango Pepper Sauce (not optional)
🌶 Salt and Pepper to Taste
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Add oil to a hot pan and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the Garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add curry powder and cumin, stir and let it bloom for 2 minutes.
(FYI -- "Blooming" is a technique where you take some spices and heat them up in oil to release and amplify the flavor of the spice)
3. Add Marvetta Mango Pepper Sauce and Green Seasoning, cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, chickpeas, whole peppers, water or broth, pepper (if using water, I would add salt... you can start with 1/4 tsp). Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally, and add water if sauce is low.
5. Garnish with cilantro and more fresh peppers if that's your thing!